Monday, February 16, 2015

Waking Up Early Creates A Blog


First time fishing for trout. Beavercreek, Virginia with Brian Trow, Mossy Creek Fly Fishing


Having retired eight months ago and now sleeping soundly again it surprised me when I was awake looking at the ceiling at 3:00AM. The quiet only made that voice in my head louder. Over and over it said “Start a blog”.

Me: “Start a blog.”
Me: “What?”
Me: “Start a blog.”
Me: “About what?”
Me: “Something you like.”
Me: “Money?”
Me: “No, something interesting that other people may relate too. Maybe write about a hobby.”
Me: “Well that boils it down to golf or fishing.”
Me: “OK, good. But pick one. After all if you start a blog on golf and one on fishing you won’t have time to enjoy either sport.”
Me: “But I don’t know how to start a blog.”
Me: “Hey dummy, your wife has five successful blogs. Maybe she can help.”
Me: "That might work.”

By that time it was 3:02AM and then my mind went into overdrive. With a balky back and diminishing skills I never know how much golf I’ll be playing. And ever since I started fishing again after about a 40 year layoff I much prefer wading a stream casting for anything I can fool. So, fishing it is.

After deciding on fishing the memories of my youth started pouring out of what is left of my brain. In future posts I’ll be sharing these memories with you in hopes they stir similar memories for you. Thanks for listening, stay tuned, and get out and fool a fish!

No comments: