Monday, April 11, 2016

Getting Caught Up On Some Sleep


I had a dream….that my dad was still alive, and he fished the rivers with me for steelhead and smallies.

I had a dream….every morning started out at 65°, and smallies were hitting topwater flies.

I had a dream….that the Shenandoah Valley was in my backyard.

I had a dream….that a picture my wife took of a local stream made the cover of fishing magazine.

Early morning on the Clear Fork in Mohican State Park.
(Click on image for larger view.)

I had a dream….and one of the manufacturers of tippet material finally produced a spool with a 3” long, colored coded section to visually let you know the spool is running out soon.

I had a dream….that I was 100’ downstream from a centerpinner and he kept hooking fish right in front of me.

I had a dream….that I caught a fish on every cast.

I had a dream….of wet wading for steelhead in July.

I had a dream….that Ohio had as many great trout streams as Pennsylvania.

I had a dream….that I was fishing without a wading staff, and not falling down.

I had a dream….that the Rocky River flowed east-west through Cuyahoga and Lake Counties.

I had a dream….that Asian Carp were only found in Asia.

I had a nightmare….that I never got back into fishing.



Go out and fool a fish!

No comments: