Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My Best Day Ever


The first thing I noticed was how white everything was. It must be winter, but it doesn’t feel cold. I’m standing at the edge of a deep pool. On the opposite bank is a logjam, but the water is deep, as the dark color of the pool seems to extend right to the bank. I’m fishing.

I begin by casting my line just short of the logjam and it starts to move with the flow of the water. I feel a tug and raise the rod way over my head. I bring it to shore and it’s flopping around, while I stand there laughing. One cast, one fish.

Another cast is made. This time further upstream so it passes the logjam. At the logjam I feel another tug and yes, I hook into another fish. Two casts, two fish. I look around and no one is in sight. I’m all by myself. Who’s going to believe me?

I stay in the same place and make cast after cast at that logjam. Another fish is hooked. Three fish hooked and landed in what seemed like a two minute period of time.

Just after the third hookup I feel a tap on my shoulder but don’t hear anything. Now someone is shaking me and I finally hear someone say “John, John, it’s time to get up”. I wake up with a start and a smile.

Boy, I hope dreams come true.

Go out and fool a fish!

No comments: