Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Efishent Fishing


Let’s start with a definition.

E-fish-ent: Performing a fishing task in the very best possible manner with the least waste of time or effort.

After last week my picture is next to this definition in the dictionary. I managed to catch two fish, on one cast, with one fly. It doesn’t get more efishent than that.

I visited one of my favorite spots and started to strip a woolly bugger through a pool. After about five minutes I felt a tug. The smallie put up a little fight but in the end found the bottom of the net. Holding the fish in the net I removed the bugger. Then, after admiring the markings on the smallie, I released it. Standing up, I grabbed my fly rod to get ready to make another cast. I was surprised when I felt another tug. A creek chub inhaled the bugger only about 5’ downstream from me. I laughed so hard I had to look around and make sure no one was around.

This is the smallie that started a chain reaction.


This creek chub couldn't resist the woolly bugger dangling at my feet.

Now my goal is to catch three fish on one cast, with one fly.

Go out and fool a fish!

No comments: